Friday, April 2, 2010

And so it begins...

I thought I would share some "before pictures" so you can follow along as I try to grow this garden!


Here he is... I have decided to name him "Dred Pirate Roberts" because I'll likely "kill it in the morning!" Teehee... Last August we tilled a section of our lawn (and by we -- I mean Greg -- the machine we rented was fierce and way beyond my control) and thus Dred Pirate Roberts was born. After the grass was removed, I filled the area with a mix of Miracle Gro Organic Soil and a cow manure/hummus mixture (see below). Luckily, this premade mixture does not smell like cow poop!

This weekend, I'm heading out to a local nursery called The Crow's Nest to get some seedlings! I've also planted my herbs in pots (they will take over a garden like weeds if you're not careful). The chives which spent the winter frozen started thriving without any care!!! The mint seems to be sprouting from last year's stock as well!




I've used Bonnie Plants (http://www.bonnieplants.com/) for my herbs and they grow amazingly! I swear by those seedlings and love their herb/vegetable food. Also, their website is full of great tidbits, recipes, and guides for growing delcious, hearty plants!
That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment