Thursday, April 1, 2010

I got inspired by my favorite southern belle!

OK, so my favorite Charlotte BFF inspired me to write down my thoughts and keep the cyber world tuned in to the goings-on of a twenty something South Floridian living in the mountains of SW Virignia. I know what you are thinking -- what am I doing here? Well, I decided to go back to school and found myself at Virginia Tech right smack in the heart of the Appalachian mountains.

What is a suburban princess to do?!? Well, I decided that since I'm in graduate school for envirnomental engineering that I should try and live more sustainably (I know, I know, I'm rolling my eyes at the use of the "it" word of 2010 too). Anyway, for starters, I've decided to grow my own vegetable garden and install a rain barrel to boot! Stay tuned for the trials and tribulations of a suburban princess raised on restaurant food, suntan lotion, and cheerleading as I attempt to go green and become Farmer Ran! This should be interesting.

:) Randi

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! Looking forward to reading ALL about it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete